World Intellectual Property Day
Around the world, 26 April is observed annually as World Intellectual Property Day (WIPD). This year, the Cayman Islands Intellectual Property Office (CIIPO) hosted several events throughout April to educate the public about intellectual property rights, as well as celebrate Cayman’s creative minds. The 2023 theme for WIPD is Women and IP: Accelerating innovation and creativity.
Have you written a book or song? Created a unique logo, software programme or invention? Do you want to protect your creation so that you can be recognised for it and maybe benefit financially? CIIPO can help. It’s YOUR innovation, YOUR creation and YOUR intellectual property. Protect it today!
Did you miss any of our FREE information sessions? You can view the presentations below. If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Intellectual Property | The Basics – click here to view the presentation
- Copyright and Social Media | What You Need To Know – click here to view the presentation
- Everything You Need to Know About Trade Marks – click here to view the presentation
- Musicians and Intellectual Property | What Musicians Need to Know – click here to view the presentation
- The Basics of IP plus Trade Secrets and Non-Disclosure Agreements – click here to view the presentation
Following the 2023 World IP Day theme of celebrating women and IP, CIIPO highlighted the stories of a few female entrepreneurs and creatives in Cayman who understand the importance of intellectual property rights and why they should be protected. Meet Carol Hay, founder and creator of Cayman Pepper Patch, Isadora Ferrao, singer, songwriter and musician and jewellery maker Rachel Christ.